SDGs&Her is an online competition for women entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) through their business operations. The objectives of the initiative are to:
- Recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
- Increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
- Collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
- Be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- Own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- Have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
To Enter: Applicants complete a short online template, describing their work and linking their initiative/product to 1 or more SDGs.
Judging: Entries will be screened by a university partner and then judged by an expert panel. Judges will determine the winners based on the impact on the SDGs, vision and purpose, and clarity of the entries.
Prizes: The top winners will be recognized in September, 2018 at an event on the margins of the 2018 UN General Assembly High-Level Week in New York. The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
Deadline: June 30, 2018.