The Wells Mountain Foundation, a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, funds the Empowerment through Education scholarships for individuals in developing nations or other situations of extreme poverty in institutions of their choice.
The scholarship is available for all fields of study but fields such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business are favored.
ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1400. Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees, books and materials, and other approved costs.
WMF’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
• Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
• Will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
• Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
• Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
• May have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
• Submits a complete, legible 2016 application in English (please proof-read). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal (preferred method) or via postal mail to the Foundation’s office before 1 April 2016. The 2016 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available from 15 December 2015 to 1 April 2016.
Visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/scholarships