Deadline: 10 March 2020
The Healing Trust is seeking applications to provide Small Grants with an aim to support nonprofits that provide health services in Middle Tennessee.
Small Grants support current and new programs of small nonprofits that have a documented community need. Agencies may only have one Small Grants or a regular Transom Grant at any given time.
Applying organisations must have sustainable programs that fit into one or more of the areas of interest:
- Physical Health (Must provide direct clinical services, caregiver support, or health system navigation through the Get Covered TN initiative to apply under physical health)
- Mental Health
- Recovery from Alcohol or Drug Addiction
- Healing from Abuse, Neglect, or Violence
Small Grants are $20,000 or less. These grants are for programs that include clear goals, timelines, and measurable health outcomes. Health outcomes show the impact that the program has had on its participants.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search donors online? Join premium and use our powerful Donor search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Grants are only made to non-profit organizations with locations in Middle Tennessee (see the map below) that have been in operation as a 501(c)(3) for at least one year and that operate health-related programs that produce measurable health outcomes or advocate for healthcare access.
- Applying organizations must also have generated at least $35,000 in revenue (not including in-kind donations) in their previous fiscal year and have operating expenses of less than $20 million.
- All grant proposals should display and emphasize respect for the dignity of all persons.
- Applicants must also have their own statement of inclusiveness or non-discrimination.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGO premium has a handy tool called “Deadline.” This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format.
The Trust evaluates Small Grants based on responses to the following questions:
- Is this program designed to benefit the health of individuals through near term direct services or through longer term structural enhancement efforts?
- Do the values and mission of this project coincide with the mission and values of The Trust to promote compassionate, holistic care?
- Does this program focus on the health needs of underprivileged population(s)?
- Does this program address an existing deficiency within the community?
- How significant are the likely benefits of the program to the community relative to the total cost?
- Does the program have an actionable revenue plan?
- Is the organization financially viable if Trust funding were to end?
- Does this program have clear, measurable and realistic outcomes that indicate either a positive health change in a target population or outcomes that demonstrate progress towards long term structural improvement?
- Are the infrastructure and leadership present for the program and organization’s long term success?
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for ready made proposals? fundsforNGO premium has a vast collection of sample proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner.
- The preliminary application is the first part of the grant application.
- The full proposal is the final part of the grant application.
- Applicants can apply online via the given website.
For more information, visit https://www.healingtrust.org/our-grant-programs/apply/small-grant/