The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) is seeking applications for its International Training Programme “Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)”, designed for individuals holding positions in organizations in the area of SRHR and who are qualified to participate in reform processes at various levels.
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) has commissioned Lund University (LU) to carry out an advanced training programme in SRHR between 2014 and 2018.
The long-term objective of the programme is to contribute to the improvement of the living conditions of poor women, children, youth and men by:
- Increasing their access to adequate sexual and reproductive health care
- Promoting sexual education
- Increasing the awareness and demand for SRHR services
The training programme is divided into five phases:
- Preparatory period (2 months)
- Scheduled programme in Sweden (4 weeks)
- Interim period (6 months)
- Regional follow-up (1 week)
- Continuation of the change projects (6 months)
- The programme encourages applicants to apply as ‘country teams’, that is, they may come together from single organizations, such as those shown below, and join to work on a mutual challenge. Please note that even in the case of team applications each individual must fill out a separate application.
- Preference will be given to country teams consisting of 4 to 6 (maximum) participants who represent a range of professions listed below. Individual applications are also welcome. Ideally, participants will be individuals working in the field of SRHR on the following levels:
- Local Midwives, nurse/midwives, and obstetricians who are able to influence decision making in their respective clinical settings
- Intermediate Professionals responsible for education, training, or other project activities in the field of SRHR at the district or provincial level
- Central Policy makers in Ministry of Health or Ministry of Education and SRHR professionals at national teaching institutions
- The programme is also open to national NGO staff members and to individuals from the private sector working in the field of SRHR.
- Applicants from INGOs and UN bodies are not prioritized.
Liberia, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Sida Training Programme.
Deadline: 1 October 2018