Could your technology contribute to a better environment and help to reduce poverty? Do you want to explore a new market for your product? If yes, then apply for the Planning Grants program.
The Demo Environment programme, financed by The Swedish Agency for Development Cooperation (Sida) is seeking applications for its Planning Grants program to strengthen partnerships and explore new market opportunities for their technology or business model.
- Climate change adaption/mitigation
- Ecosystem services
- Renewable energy
- Water and sanitation
- Urban development
The maximum amount available for a grant application referring to Planning activities is SEK 350,000.
Applicants must fulfil the following eligibility requirements:
- The main applicant must be a company or organisation based outside one of the 14 prioritized countries, and its partner organisation (the potential customer/buyer) must be legally registered in one of these 14 project countries.
- The partners should have signed a Memorandum of Understanding or similar agreement before applying.
- A company or organisation applying must be able to show professionalism and a sustainable business model. This can be done in several ways such as:
- Show that the organisation have at least 3 employees and have been operating for about 3 years.
- Show that the organisation exhibit sound finances and a reasonable turnover, or be able to show other sources of financing such as private equity.
- Show that the technology is verified.
- Show the technology readiness level.
- Show that the organisation has the capacity to export the technology.
- They particularly encourage applications from small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Both partners should exhibit sound finances
- Note that no organisation, private or public, is eligible for funds if it is involved in any of the following:
- The manufacture of arms and/or their components
- The tobacco industry
- The alcohol industry
- Eligible Countries:
- Africa: Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia
- Latin America: Bolivia, Colombia, Guatemala
- Western Balkans: Bosnia and Hercegovina, Serbia
- Eastern Europe: Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
How to Apply
For more information about this opportunity and to apply, visit the official website here
Deadline: 15 March 2019