The Forum of Young Global Leaders has established a comprehensive selection process for identifying and selecting the most exceptional leaders. Every year, thousands of candidates from around the world are proposed and assessed according to rigorous selection criteria. Only the very best candidates are selected and all efforts are extended to create a truly representative body. Reflecting the diversity of stakeholders, the Young Global Leaders include leaders from politics, business, civil society, academia, and arts and culture across seven geographic regions.
- To be eligible for the Young Global Leaders Class of 2019, the candidate must have been born on or after 1 January, 1980.
- He/she has a recognized record of extraordinary achievement and a proven track record of substantial leadership experience. Typically, this means 5-15 years of outstanding professional work experience and a clear indication of playing a substantial leadership role for the rest of his or her career.
- He/she has demonstrated a personal commitment to serve society at large through exceptional contributions and a deep ethical fiber, and has earned significant trust at both local and global levels.
- He/she has an impeccable record in the public eye and good standing in his/her community, as well as show great self-awareness and a desire for learning.
- Candidates from the business sector must be responsible for the full operation of a qualifying corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles: President, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director, Managing Partner or Publisher, or equivalent of any of the above. If the company is a Member or Partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the CEO or Chairman of the Board of the respective company.
- Companies, organizations and entities can only nominate one candidate from the qualifying company every two years.
The deadline to submit nominations for the Young Global Leaders Class of 2019 is 31 May 2018.
For more information about this opportunity and to apply, follow the link below: