UN-Habitat invites nominations for the 2015-2017 Youth Advisory Board. The Youth Advisory Board advises UN-Habitat on strategies to engage young people in sustainable urbanization and urban development, and seek to strengthen youth participation and advocacy in youth-led initiatives.
The Board will serve a two year term and comprises 12 advisors (one male and one female youth) from Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, North America and West Asia. Additionally, the Board includes one youth observer representing young people with disabilities and two observer members (one youth representative from informal settlements and one external advisor), appointed by UN-Habitat.
- 18 and 32 years old at the time of the elections
- Must members of youth-led or youth-servicing organizations and have access to youth networks within their regions
- Must have good oral and written skills in English. Fluency in other UN languages is an asset
- Have access to, and be reasonably proficient in worldwide communication technologies.
- Must be available and accessible for conference-calls with the rest of the members, UN-Habitat representatives, and to avail themselves for Board activities.
- Candidates are eligible for nomination from a region where they have proven residency of five years or longer.
DEADLINE: 2nd March, 2015
To apply and for more information visit here