Global Health Corps
Global Health Corps is building the next generation of diverse health leaders. The organization offers a range of paid fellowship positions with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia and the opportunity to develop as a transformative leader in the health equity movement. Everyone has a role to play in the health equity movement.
Global Health Corps recruits and selects highly qualified applicants with diverse skill sets to work with high-impact organizations in year-long paid positions. During their fellowship year, fellows make a significant and measurable contribution to the placement organization and the target population.
- Monthly living stipend
- Award of $1500 upon successful completion of the fellowship year
- Housing, including utilitiesassistance
- Health or travel medical insurance
- Support in applying for visas and/or work permits, as necessary
- Travel costs covered to and from placement site, GHC trainingand retreats
- Professional development funds of up to $600
- GHC works with young leaders who are age 30 and under
- Citizens of Malawi, Zambia, Uganda, Rwanda and USA are eligible to apply for positions in any of these countries.
- Citizens of other countries besides those listed above can apply for an international fellowship position in the United States. Every year, GHC gets applications from around the world. The GHC community currently includes citizens of over 35 countries.
- For U.S.-based international positions, legal visitor status in the U.S. is required for the fellow to legally fulfill the fellowship. For any international fellows who do not already have a visa, GHC partners with Atlas Corps to sponsor and support them to submit a J-1 visa application. Note: restrictions from the U.S. government make the J-1 visas application process unavailable to or too lengthy for applicants from North Korea, Syria, or the Gaza Strip to start the GHC fellowship on time. Applicants from these countries/territories would either need to apply through a secondary citizenship or obtain their own visa.
Available Roles by Skillset
Data Analysis & Informatics: Analyze & process information to improve the quality of healthcare.
Design & Architecture: Design structures & processes that advance human health & dignity.
Communications: Harness the power of words to shift narratives & spread awareness of health interventions.
Policy & Advocacy: Conduct research & mobilize others to drive change at the macro level.
Fundraising: Manage events, relationships, & proposals to bring in the critical funds that health organizations need.
Monitoring & Evaluation: Measure impact to guide decision making & maximize the effectiveness of health interventions.
Business, Budgeting & Finance: Manage projects & budgets to ensure health programs run efficiently.
Find a fellowship role
Check out the application preview here
Applications are open through January 17/2018. For more information about this opportunity and to apply, visit the official website of the Global Health Corps by following the link below: