Submit an application, if you
- are a future leader from a non-European transition or developing country (see list of countries)
- are active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change
- are interested in spending a year working with a host of your choice in Germany on a research-based project you have developed yourself in the field of climate protection and climate-related resource conservation
- a monthly fellowship of between €2,170 and €2,670, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a three-week introductory phase, during which you will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
Please see the Programme information (PDF) for details of the application requirements and fellowship specifications.
The closing date for applications is 1 March 2020. 20 fellowships can be granted.
For more information about this opportunity and to apply visit the official website here