The Jana Robeyst Trust Fund (JRTF) is accepting applications for its Small Conservation Grants to provide financial resources to early career scientists/conservationists and non-profit organizations to carry out vital field conservation and research work in Africa.
The JRTF aims to provide relatively small levels of funding for ongoing projects or pilot programmes with a clear conservation value.
Small grants will be awarded up to a maximum of 1,500 euro.
- This funding program is open to individuals or organizations for projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants can be based anywhere in the world.
- Both successful and unsuccessful applicants are welcome to apply again 12 months after the submission.
- Eligible project will have a clear conservation value and be based in a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Preference will go to projects in relation with elephants.
- Education projects will also be considered.
What project is not eligible for funding?
- Pure research will not be funded. Research project will be considered if they demonstrate applied benefit to conservation and/or target an identified conservation need.
- Living costs, thesis production costs, retrospective costs, fundraising costs, and payment of a debt will not be considered for funding.
- Office equipment and participation to internship and volunteer program will not be considered unless they are essential in completing fieldwork or benefit an identified conservation need.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo DR, Congo-Brazzaville, Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, GuineaBissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe
How to Apply
For more information about this opportunity and to apply, visit the official website here