Call for applications – closing date 11 November 2019!
The following Special Assistant to the Resident Coordinator (SARC) position is open in the context of the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) scheme sponsored by the Government of Finland.
1. Vacancy announcement # VA 19P123 RCO SARC in UN Coordination Addis Ababa
United Nations Resident Coordinator Office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing Date: 11 November 2019, 6am NY time
Candidates must meet all the following requirements to be considered eligible:
- Be no more than 38 of age at the time of application
- Hold the Finnish nationality
- Master’s Degree or equivalent Advanced Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or in a related field of expertise
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience at the national or international level including 3-5 years of working experience in a developing country, ideally in a complex political/conflict situation
- Knowledge and experience from the UN and the UN Resident Coordinator System would be an advantage
- Understanding of the mandate and role of the UN
The selection process for the Finnish JPO Programme consists of two independent processes:
- A psychological assessment arranged by the Finnish government and conducted by an external provider in Helsinki.
- A competency-based interview via telephone or skype conducted by the UN receiving office (in this case UN/RCO)
More information on the Finnish JPO/SARC Programme can also be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland.
Applications must be received no later than 11 November 2019, 6am (Eastern Time UTC-5, New York). Applications received after the regarding date will not be considered. Please apply through the link provided in the vacancy announcement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted thereafter.
Please submit your application ONLY if you are meeting all the above requirements and the job specific requirements set out in the vacancy announcement.
Visit the official website for this opportunity here