The WFP Innovation Accelerator identifies, nurtures and scales bold solutions to hunger globally. WFP supports innovators and external start-ups and companies through financial support, access to a network of experts and a global field reach.
The fight against hunger is not necessarily in building grand plans, but identifying and testing solutions in an agile way. The Innovation Accelerator is a space where the world can find out what works and what doesn’t in addressing hunger -a place to be bold, and fail as well as succeed.
- Your start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for profit or not for profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof of concept is preferred.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
Innovations must meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people that WFP serves and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
For more information and to apply for this opportunity, visit the official website here