The Wells Mountain Foundation, through the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, provides undergraduate scholarships to developing country nationals to study in their home country or a neighboring country.
The Foundation believes in the power and importance of community service; therefore, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of 100 hours a year.
The scholarships will be hosted by your choice of institution in your home country or in another developing country
Available scholarships are for bachelor’s degree study in any field of but applications are encouraged from those interested in pursuing degrees that will best help their local communities – medicine & health sciences, community development, law, education, social work, business, information technology, agriculture and engineering.
Up to 40 scholarships are available.
Citizens of developing countries
ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1400. Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees, books and materials, and room rent.
WMF’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
• Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
• Will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
• Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
• Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
• May have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal (preferred method) or via postal mail to the Foundation’s office. The 2019 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available from 1 December 2018 to 1 April 2019.
Visit the scholarship website for more information and to apply, here