Guided by the principle that youth are key actors to achieve peace, UNAOC develops educational programming to enhance the ability of young people and their organizations to foster mutual respect, understanding and long-term positive relationships between peoples of different cultures and religions.
The Young Peacebuilders in Middle East and North Africa (MENA) edition is designed to engage young women and young men from the MENA region in an intercultural dialogue and peacebuilding experience. The aim is to support the growth of networks of young peacebuilders who are equipped with the tools to address stereotypes, prejudice and polarization in order to build more inclusive and peaceful societies in their communities and globally. The programme is implemented in collaboration with the Generations For Peace.
This is a call to youth aged 18-25 from MENA wanting to build inclusive societies through understanding and respect among cultural and religious communities
- Are you between 18 and 25 years old? *
- Are you a citizen of a MENA country and do you currently live in this region? **
- Are you interested in taking part in an intercultural learning experience with other young people from MENA and develop joint actions to promote peace?
- Are you part of a youth-led organization, network or initiative?
- Do you want to increase your ability to contribute to peace and social inclusion in your community, country and region?
- Are you in the beginning stages of your involvement in this type of work and want to learn more?
If yes, apply now for a chance to be selected for a fully funded participation to the UNAOC Young Peacebuilders in MENA programme.
Deadline to apply: 31 August 2017
* Applicants selected for this programme must be aged 18-25 at the time of applying and for its total duration (until June 2018). To be considered eligible, applicants must be born on or between June 1, 1992 and August 31, 1999.
** From the MENA region as defined by the World Bank ( Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen)
Visit the official website of this opportunity for more details by clicking on the link below: