Are you a graduate looking for productive work experience with a reputable organization? Are you looking to gain the employability skills that will enable you to flourish in the current competitive job market? If so, then Restless Development would like to hear from you. Undertaking an internship through their Youth Internship Programme will enable you to gain real life work experience and prove yourself to a potential employer.
Restless Development is looking for young talented graduates to fill up 20 placements in departments of Communications, Finance and Administration, Grants, Private Sector Partnership, and Monitoring and Evaluation. The interns will be based in Kampala, Mbale, Mubende, Gulu and Masindi.
A young person is eligible if s/he fulfills all of the below criteria:
• Aged 19-25 years of age – to be confirmed from applicants’ academic documents
• Has an advanced certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized tertiary institution in areas of Journalism and communication, accounting and finance, social sciences, development studies and any other related fields.
• Has consistently performing well (academically) at O’ and A’ levels as well as in tertiary institutions
• Has good foundational skills – i.e. written and verbal communication, public speaking, and is computer literate.
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic and commitment to fulfill program requirements
• Demonstrates leadership experience and/or potential
• Demonstrates commitment to give back and help others, and promote community development
• Is entrepreneurial and open to new challenges and ideas, as well as advice from mentors
• Can commit to engage full time for a 6-month period in the internship programme
You can download an application pack from www.restlessdevelopment.org/vacancies. Or you can request an application pack from firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms must be submitted to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 31st December 2017.
Note to applicants:
Due to the large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from back by end of January 2018, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Assessment days for shortlisted applicants will be held between Monday 15th to Friday 26th January 2018. If successful, you will undergo a one-week residential pre-placement training and your placement will run from January to July 2018.