Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
The Scholars Program consists of the following elements:
An academic scholarship, awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech.
An opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development trainings and workshops.
An online network with fellow scholars program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD program at a university in their respective regions for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
For more information about this opportunity and to apply by visiting the official website here