The Future Global Leaders Fellowship annually selects the world’s top first-generation university students and, over the course of a 3-year program, primes them for induction into the Fortis Society – the world’s first private network of diverse leaders committed to one another’s success and to a better world.
These students must be determined to become powerful global leaders and understand that the magnitude of their impact on the world is directly linked to the amount of power and influence they accumulate.
Upon completion of the program, FGL Fellows are inducted into the Fortis Society – the world’s first private network of diverse leaders committed to one another’s success and to a better world. The goal of the Fortis Society is to connect future leaders – united by their merit, not privilege – by creating a formidable global network through which they will help each other reach the highest levels of success, power, and global influence.
- Leadership Training: The summer after their freshman year, FGL Fellows complete an intensive three-week training with the National Outdoor Leadership School in the US.
- High-Level Mentorship: FGL Fellows work with us to identify and secure a high-level leader in their field who will become their mentor for three years. FGL Mentors provide personal insights into what it takes to reach the highest levels of success and help expand Fellows’ networks.
- Internship Abroad: Fellows secure a top-tier internship abroad (i.e. outside of their country of birth, heritage, and residence) and FGL provides customized coaching and funding to cover internship costs not met by the host company/scholarships.
The Fellowship provides FGL Fellows with many invaluable opportunities. It aims to foster the development of Fellows and to prepare them for induction into the Fortis Society.
So far, our FGL Fellows are excelling in the areas of finance, entrepreneurship, politics, international affairs, computer science, engineering, and many others.
Applicants must be first-year university students and must fit the following eligibility criteria:
- First-Generation or Low-Income University Student – students who do not have a family history of higher education, or who come from a low-income background.
- Track Record of Academic Excellence – throughout high school and during the first months of the current school year.
- Proven Leadership Abilities – through self-started initiatives and ventures, or leadership in their schools or communities.
Attributes of Successful Candidates
In addition to our eligibility criteria, our Admissions Committee will consider the following qualities:
- Contagious Charisma and Unyielding Strength of Character – two common and essential traits in all leaders.
- Resilience and Guts – demonstrated through having overcome hardship.
- Inexhaustible Global Ambition – along with a realistic strategy, the ability to execute, and the willingness to sacrifice and take risks to achieve extraordinary success.
- Altruism – demonstrated through the willingness to enact major positive change, upon having reached the highest level of power and influence.
- A Strong Desire to Join the Fortis Society – upon completion of the 3-year Fellowship.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FROM NOVEMBER 1ST, 2018 TO JANUARY 31ST, 2019
For more information about this fellowship programme and to apply, follow the link below: