The Acumen Fellowship program is building a pipeline of leaders who understand what it takes to create lasting social change. The Fellows Program is designed for individuals who are currently leading or are an integral part of building an initiative whose mission is to eradicate poverty. Fellows are of all ages, come from diverse cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds and work across multiple sectors.
Fellows are individuals who dare to do what’s right, not what’s easy, to create positive change in their region. Fellows can come from diverse cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds and work in any sector, and they must be committed to ending poverty in their community through their work. They are individuals who are making a long-term play at system-level impact and are seeking the leadership skills and moral imagination to make it happen.
- Social entrepreneurs, social intrapreneurs, and organizational builders.
- Social entrepreneurs: Have have launched or lead their own social change initiatives.
- Social intrapreneurs: Are running a social change initiative within an existing organization.
- Organizational builders: Are an integral part of building a social change organization, but do not play a founding role.
- Individuals who have a demonstrated history of impact, commitment and concrete connection to the region.
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral imagination.
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey followed by an induction into the larger Fellows Community.
- Individuals of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English.
- STAGE 1: APPLICATIONS. Due Sunday, September 9th 2018 at 11:59 pm local time. All applications must be completed and submitted online. Following the initial submission, successful candidates will be invited to participate in Stage 2.
- STAGE 2: ONLINE ENGAGEMENT. Instructions for Stage 2 will be sent on Tuesday, September 25th and all assignments must be completed and submitted online by Wednesday, October 10th 2018. Successful candidates will be invited to participate in Stage 3.
- STAGE 3: SELECTION CONFERENCE. Stage 3 is a mandatory day-long in-person engagement and will be held in mid-late November in each region.
- FINAL SELECTION: Candidates selected to the 2019 cohorts will be notified by December 2018.