The Young Peacebuilders is a peace education initiative that is designed to support young people in gaining skills that can enhance their positive role in issues of peace and security and in preventing violent conflict. It also brings visibility to the initiatives, actions and projects initiated by young people towards peace and the promotion of diversity and dialogue. As such, it responds to recent international policy recommendations outlined in the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 2250 and 2419 on Youth, Peace and Security and the Secretary-General’s Plan of Action on Preventing Violent Extremism.
UNAOC intends to implement this programme in different regions of the world to grow and strengthen the global movement of young peacebuilders. Through this action, UNAOC is committing to support young people’s participation in peacebuilding with a growing coalition of partners.
This is a call to youth aged 18-25 from MENA wanting to tackle violent extremism by building inclusive societies with understanding and respect among cultural and religious communities
- Are you between 18 and 25 years old? *
- Are you a citizen of a MENA country and do you currently live in this region?
- Are you interested in taking part in an intercultural learning experience with other young people from MENA and improve your actions to promote peace?
- Are you part of a youth-led organization, network or initiative?
- Do you want to increase your ability to contribute to peace and social inclusion in your community, country and region?
- Are you in the beginning stages of your involvement in this type of work and want to learn more?
If yes, apply now for a chance to be selected for a fully funded participation to the 4th edition of the UNAOC Young Peacebuilders programme in the MENA region (2019-2020).
Deadline to apply: 30 September 2019
* Be 18-25 years of age for the total duration of the project. To be considered eligible, applicants must be born on or between August 5, 1994 and August 5, 2001
** Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
For more information about this opportunity and to apply, visit the official website here