Facebook is the world’s largest social network and connects over 2 billion people monthly. As part of its mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together, it connects people on the platform with over 70 million businesses. Facebook not only helps businesses get discovered and find customers, but also helps people develop meaningful connections to products and causes. To better support cause-driven businesses, Facebook has partnered with One Young World for the second year in a row to launch the 2018 – 2019 Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award.
Announced at the One Young World Summit for the second year in a row, the call for applications for The 2018 – 2019 Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award has officially launched! There will be double the number of potential winners, from 5 to 10, with total value of all prizes combined – USD$100,000.
Last year, at the One Young World 2017 Summit in Bogotá, Colombia, Facebook’s VP of Global Marketing Solutions, Carolyn Everson, announced the inaugural Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award.
In line with Facebook’s mission, the award will present a prize to 10 non-profit or for-profit entrepreneurs with advertising credits and Facebook mentors who will share digital marketing expertise.
There will be 10 regional Awards: 2 from LATAM, 2 from North America, 2 from Europe, 2 from MEA and 2 from APAC.
Each regional winner will receive:
- A regional mentor
- A marketing consultant
- USD$5,000 in ad credits
Out of the 10 regional Award recipient, 1 Grand Prize Awardee will be selected to receive an additional USD$50,000 in ad credits and an additional mentor.
Who can apply?
- One Young World Delegates and Ambassadors exclusively. Ambassadors can apply as individuals or teams in groups (up to 5 individuals).
- Those who operate businesses or a non-profit charity that address a major social and/or economic issue in their region and empowers their community.
- The Participant and each team member (if any) must lead or be employed by a non-profit charity or a for-profit business legal entity, which is registered and/or formed under applicable laws in their jurisdiction
- Ambassadors must live and operate enterprises within Facebook’s 5 regions: Latin America (LATAM), Europe (EUR), the Middle East and Africa (MEA), North America (NA), and Asia Pacific (APAC).
- Government officials, political figures and businesses politically affiliated (all as determined by Facebook and One Young World in its sole discretion) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- You are not eligible to participate in this Contest if you are a national or legal resident of those countries in which the United States has embargoed goods (including, without limitation, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, and Syria).
Candidates will be assessed based on:
- Probability of increased impact following ad credit investment – 40%
- Evidence of social impact – 30%
- Innovation/originality – 30%
About the Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS IS A CLOSED CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO MEMBERS OF THE ONE YOUNG WORLD DELEGATE AND AMBASSADOR COMMUNITY IN GOOD STANDING. Begins 9:00AM GMT on Oct. 18, 2018 & ends 1:00PM GMT on Nov. 21, 2018. Judging of Answers received during the Contest Period will take place throughout the Contest Period and until the month of December, 2018. Must be 18+ & maj+, work for a charity/business that has an online presence, and addresses a major social and/or economic issue and empowers their community. As a condition of entry, you agree that content you submit or link to may be posted online or elsewhere or used by Sponsor for promotional or other purposes. 2 winners from each of 45 regions determined by highest score using criteria: Probability of increased social impact following an ad credit investment (40%); the amount of demonstrated evidence of social impact (30%); and the degree of innovation and originality (30%). Void where prohibited by law.SUBJECT TO FULL OFFICIAL RULES. ARV of each Regional Prize: $5,000. Total ARV of Regional Prizes: $50,000. ARV of Grand Prize $50,000. Total ARV of all prizes in this Contest is: $100,000. Sponsor: Facebook, Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025.
- Deadline: 21 November, 1:00pm GMT
- Winners notified on or before February.
You can also access further information about this opportunity by visiting the official website here