Nature Research in partnership with the Estée Lauder Companies is seeking applications for its ‘Innovating Science Award 2018’ to encourage girls or young women to engage with STEM subjects.
The Innovating Science Award is an annual award for an individual or a group from across academia, education,
organisations and corporate entities who have set up or run grassroots initiatives that support girls and young women to study, engage with and enjoy STEM subjects.
Nature Research has always strived to support gender equity and to showcase the work of female researchers. The aim of the two new Nature Research Awards, in partnership with The Estée Lauder Companies, is to celebrate and support the achievements of leading women in science and of those who have encouraged girls and young women to engage with STEM subjects around the world.
The award winner will receive:
- A grant of $10,000 to spend on initiatives linked to the award
- A grant of up to $5,200 event funding: to spend on an event over the next 2 years that showcases the initiative
Invitation to the award ceremony in October/November 2018
- Feature and profile on the careers feature of Nature
- Guest blog post on Nature website with links from Scientific American (blog post has to be of sufficient editorial standard to be published – authors will be expected to work alongside editorial teams to ensure this occurs)
- Interview with the winner for Nature Jobs podcast
- Access to online Nature Masterclasses courses
- Opportunity to work with organizations such as Finding Ada or Stemettes to address the gender imbalance in STEM
- Invitation to present their work or initiative to the scientists at The Estée Lauder Companies
- Mentoring through The Estée Lauder Companies
To be eligible for the Award the candidate must:
- Show an exceptional contribution to the promotion and engagement of girls and young women in any area of STEM, and exhibit the potential for developing and encouraging more girls or young women to study STEM
- Individuals and groups can apply.
- If applying in a group, names of all relevant candidates and the organisation needs to be listed and a contact person will need to be selected who will be responsible for completing the application form, who will be the main point of contact and who will receive the prize on behalf of the group if selected.
- Please note that the Award is not open to:
- Persons resident in countries or territories where local, state, provincial or national laws prohibit the promotion of, operation of or participation in such awards or receiving prizes pursuant to the Award or
- Directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of the Promoter or any subsidiary of Promoter.
- Current judges and ambassadors of the Nature Research Awards for Innovating and Inspiring science
are not eligible to apply or nominate.
- Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of candidates.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply for this opportunity, visit the official website of Nature Research Awards here.
Deadline: 11 June 2018