Call for entrepreneurs
Do you have a business idea that will create jobs and improve lives in your region?
We are live with the 2nd edition of the African Entrepreneurship Award. What does that mean for you?
It means you could…
- Benefit from personalized, online mentoring over the next few months by people in your region, across Africa and around the globe
- Learn by reading relevant advice proven to help African entrepreneurs,
- Join a new network that can lead to new customers and investors, and
- Have an opportunity to share in the $1M Award.
You, the entrepreneur, must meet the following criteria as you submit your business proposal:
- You must be a citizen of an African country
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old as of October 1, 2016
- Your business must be applicable in an African country
- Your business proposal must include a technological component (digital, machinery, computers, ICT, automated processes, field related technologies, etc.)
- Your business must be for profit.
- Your business must be relevant to one of these categories:
- Education – positively impact education in Africa
- Environment – positively impact the environment in Africa
- Uncharted – a high-impact business venturing into unexplored territory or untested markets
- You can submit a proposal as a resident of any country worldwide – keeping in mind that you must be a citizen of an African country
- For example, a resident of the United Arab Emirates with Egyptian citizenship is eligible for this Award
- Your business can operate in any African country even if you are not a citizen of that country
- For example, you can submit a proposal for a different country in Africa than your personal, African citizenship (e.g. a Ghanaian citizen can submit a proposal for a business in Liberia)
- You can submit a proposal for a business already in operation
- Your business can operate across borders in multiple African countries
- Your business should demonstrate the potential to scale beyond one region in Africa to pan-African impact
- You can operate in multiple countries, but you will be asked to designate a primary community in Africa that will benefit or be impacted by your business.
Visit the official website of this opportunity for more information and to apply: