APPLICATION DEADLINE: All application materials must be submitted by 27 April 2015
If you prefer to email your application, please download the application form here and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION: Applicants are asked to submit the following:
– Applicant Form;
– Two Letters of Recommendation
All application materials should be uploaded to the online application or sent via email to email@example.com.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS: The Applicant Form has four sections: (1) Personal Information; (2) Project Proposal; (3) Curriculum Vitae/Résumé; and (4) Letters of Recommendation. Each applicant must complete the entire FORM. Please note that incomplete application forms will not be reviewed.
Project Proposal: Your project proposal is the most important part of your fellowship application. It should be clear, concise, and comprehensible to individuals outside your own field or concentration. Your proposal, in no more than 1200 words, should describe your proposed plan for organizing online discussions for your fellowship. In your proposal, please ensure that you respond to the fol-lowing specific questions:
1. What is your proposed theme for the online discussion series?
2. What are three specific discussion topics or questions under your theme?
3. How would you conduct research and develop information materials that could be used for the online discussion?
4. How would you contribute to the further development of the World Youth Movement for Democracy?
5. How would you plan to benefit from your time in Washington for your professional development as well as your organization’s work?
Strong proposals will exhibit the following characteristics:
– A clear focus & rationale, with practical relevance for strengthening the participation of youth in democracies.
– The outline of a well-defined theme, with tangible benefits to colleagues & counterparts in your field.
Curriculum Vitae/Résumé: Please prepare a curriculum vitae or résumé and attach it as a separate document.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REFEREES
Thank you for agreeing to write a letter of recommendation for an applicant to the Hurford Youth Fellows Program at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED). Your frank appraisal of the applicant and his or her fellowship project proposal will greatly help us in our selection process. For more information on the Hurford Youth Fellows Program, please go to www.wymdonline.org.
Letter of Recommendation Guidelines
We would greatly appreciate your candid comments on the following:
– The length of time and context in which you have known the applicant
– Your opinion of his or her background, qualifications, accomplishments, and experiences
– Your appraisal of the proposed project and the applicant’s ability to complete it on time
– Your views on the suitability of the applicant and his/her project to the Hurford Youth Fellows Program
– Any other information you feel is important to share concerning the candidate
Submit your letter of recommendation: Please send your letter of recommendation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of recommendation must be submitted in English or accompanied by an English translation. Please format your letter in MS Word Document (.doc) or Adobe PDF (.pdf). Please note that your letter of recommendation should not be shared with the applicant.
Deadline: The deadline to submit your letter of recommendation is 27 April 2015.
For questions or further information, please contact:
World Movement for Democracy Secretariat National Endowment for Democracy 1025 F Street, N.W., Suite 800 Washington, DC 20004 Tel.: 202-378-9700 E-mail: email@example.com Website : www.wymdonline.org