Applications are open for AmplifyChange @ ICFP2018 Opportunity Grant to support existing or new youth-led advocacy campaigns that seek to advance access to sexual and reproductive health and rights for young people.
The grant will focus on advocacy for young people’s access to sexual and reproductive health services and information, including family planning.
- AmplifyChange will select the top five (5) proposals for Opportunity grants of EUR20,000 for projects lasting up to 12 months.
- The top two (2) winners from the pitch at the Youth Pre-Conference will be invited to propose their ideas at the CEO Pitch Fest on 14 November 2018 alongside CEOs from major Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs). The audience will vote for one (1) winner, who will have the chance to work with one of AmplifyChange’s Grants Support Team members to increase their project funding up to EUR40,000 for a project lasting up to 12 months.
Please note: All selected grants will be subject to a review of any financial and technical issues related to applicant’s application. Award of the grant will be dependent on due diligence checks on applicant’s organisation.
Once the due diligence checks have been completed, the successful applicants will be invited to sign a funding agreement with AmplifyChange.
Examples of projects they will consider include, but are not exclusive to:
- Advocating for budgetary and policy changes aimed at facilitating youth access to contraception, safe abortion, and other sexual health services
- Strengthening youth-friendly or youth-centred sexual and reproductive health services by working with providers
- Creating or building on exciting, innovative approaches to youth-focused, rights-based sexual and reproductive health information dissemination
- Expanding the scope of sexual health education to facilitate a truly comprehensive sexuality education curriculum
- Facilitating community dialogue to transform social norms around youth sexuality and eliminate stigma towards youth access to SRHR services
- They will consider applications from youth-led civil societyorganisations (CSOs) working in all countries that are eligible for the AmplifyChange @ ICFP2018 Opportunity grant.
- AmplifyChange uses the most internationally-accepted definition of young people, which is people aged 10 to 24 years. As such, “youth-led” refers to organisations that are managed by and focused on young people. Organisations must have a representative(s) attending the Youth Pre-Conference at the International Conference on Family Planning.
- CSOs can include:
- Community groups
- Non-governmental organisations
- Indigenous groups
- Charitable organisations
- Faith-based organisations
- Research institutes
- Social enterprise groups
- Public-private partnerships
- Communications and media groups
- Professional and student associations
- International Non-Governmental Organisations (INGOs), including country offices, and UN agencies are not eligible to apply for Opportunity grants. They cannot accept applications made on behalf of individuals.
- They will accept applications from organisations that are not registered and do not have a bank account because they recognise that some organisations are still new, and, in some contexts, there are security risks associated with registration. But please note that unregistered organisations that have applications successfully recommended for funding may need to fulfil certain registration requirements following due diligence and financial assessments.
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic Of, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the , Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia,The, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of Iran), Iraq, Jordan(Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan), Kenya, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya (Libyan Arab Jamahirya), Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique(Moçambique), Myanmar (formerly Burma), Namibia, Nepal,Niger, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tanzania, Timor-Leste (formerly East Timor), Togo, Tunisia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Western Sahara (formerly Spanish Sahara, Yemen (Arab Republic), Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
- Applicants will need to submit a short, 3 to 5-minute video to present their ideas. Please note that any video footage longer than 5 minutes will not be reviewed.
- Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information on eligibility and how to apply, please visit AmplifyChange @ ICFP2018 Opportunity Grant here.