Deadline: 31 October 2019
Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is currently accepting applications from non-profits organizations and social enterprises for its 2020 Grant Cycle.
ACT Foundation supports sustainable high impact initiatives that provide innovative solutions to social, economic and environmental challenges in Africa.
ACT Foundation only considers projects/initiatives in the following areas:
- Health: malaria, cancer (breast, cervical and prostate cancer), maternal and child health.
- Entrepreneurship: Vocational education and skills acquisition; financial literacy and inclusion.
- Environment: Waste management, water and sanitation.
- Leadership: Youth leadership development and thought leadership.
ACT Foundation desire to make an impact in the world is supported through:
- Grant Making
- ACT Foundation aid organizations with grants to ensure sustainable action in areas that align with key focus areas. They also guide partners through every step of the grant process, that way they are never isolated.
- Capacity Building
- ACT Foundation is committed to ensuring the sustainability of NGOs, NPOs, and CBOs through organizational development, impact measurement, monitoring and evaluation, board governance and support.
In order to be eligible for the ACT Foundation grant, applicants must:
- Be a Non-profit/Non-governmental organization registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is implementing.
- Have been registered not less than two (2) years.
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of any proposed project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary.
- Implement the Program/Initiative in Nigeria or within Africa.
- Propose a project that is innovative and impact driven.
- Propose a program whose duration should be within a maximum of 12 months.
- All proposed Project start dates should not be earlier than April 2020.
The Foundation will not consider the following entities for funding:
- Any organization that is discovered to have mismanaged other grants or funds received in the past
- Political parties, campaign groupings, institutions or their subsidiaries and affiliates
- Organizations that advocate, promote, or espouse inhumane policies, illegal activities and/or terrorism.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic (CAR), Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Congo, Republic of the, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information about this opportunity, visit the official website here