Are you looking to apply your creativity and talent to start building a career that helps improve lives? MERCK is industry-leading resources and a culture of curiosity allows ideas and inventions to flourish. Begin your career journey at their company, and together they’ll work toward Inventing for Life. As an MBA Intern, you will be a part of the corporate-wide internship program which will provide for opportunities to meet as a broader set of undergraduate and graduate interns across multiple divisions in their Company (Research & Development, Human Health, Manufacturing). The internship program provides exemplary MBA students with the opportunity to work on meaningful assignments and gain real-world industry experiences. Apply for the paid internship now!
The Vaccines organization serves markets around the world. In doing so, the Global Vaccines Strategy team works with the Research & Development and Manufacturing divisions to frame strategic choices and deliver projects which will grow the business in a profitable manner, while gaining experience with internal partners/stakeholders within their Company, as well as external customers.
The Global Vaccines Strategy MBA intern role spans two broad areas; strategy development and/or strategy realization and will create an objective, fact-based understanding of Vaccine performance, external trends, and competitive positioning. Insights will be developed through an understanding of strategy methodology, and by use of different databases utilized to build fact-based projects. The incumbent will be expected to lead a project within the Global Vaccine Strategy group that would lead to the creation of a long-term, global, cross-divisional strategy for Vaccines. This role is an individual contributor reporting to the Director, Global Vaccines Strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure alignment between Vaccines commercial strategy and key market-based strategy functions, as well as Human Health, Research & Development, and Manufacturing to ensure the project priority will drive results.
- Collaborate across teams/key stakeholders (Global Competitive Intelligence, Business Development, Corporate Strategy, etc.), developing a network of subject matter experts and data sources to contribute to the project in support of driving operating income growth for Vaccines, address key strategy issues, evaluate strategic choices, develop recommendations, and increase rigor of decision making.
- Production of executive-level presentations and/or reporting of strategy recommendations to appropriate senior management
- Perform systematic and comprehensive external scans of the global healthcare industry, including competition, customers and industry trends, and translate trends into strategic choices.
- Build/grow commercial and strategic analytics in a way targeted to improve strategic alignment, growth, and efficiency.
- Provide input into long-term strategic decisions by leveraging datasets and analyses that support dispassionate choices and accurate risk/opportunity assessments.
- Ability to distill/translate complex information into understandable and actionable ideas.
- Utilize different databases to build fact-based projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to seamlessly work with data to identify alternative approaches, weigh trade-offs, and build logical/persuasive arguments for recommended strategies.
- Create new, and modify existing tools, to address project needs.
- Promote teamwork and open discussion of issues.
- Ensure all communication is presented according to Policy, with the review and approval of our Compliance and Legal partners.
- Miscellaneous direct support and / or project management for other Global Vaccines Strategy initiatives
United States, Canada
To know the detail benefits, please visits the Official Link.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BA or BS Degree Required.
- Current enrollment in an MBA program.
- Candidate must have completed one year of MBA coursework by Summer 2020 and be registered for the Fall 2020 Semester
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and critical thinking
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and negotiation/influence skills
- Strong collaboration, project management, and organizational skills; ability to act with minimal supervision, prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
- Must be able to begin intern assignment May 2020 and commit for 10-12 weeks
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Business / Data analysis experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industries
Eligible Regions: Resdents of United States, Canada & Puerto Rico.