Save the Children Vacancies (Based in Uganda)
10 Oct, 2017
WASH Coordinators (4 Openings): Kotido, Moroto, Kaabong and Amudat,
About Save the Children
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 300 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. In 2014, we reached over 143 million children through our work around 52m directly and 91 million indirectly around the world.
Job Summary: The WASH Coordinator will implement household and community WASH activities. The incumbent will also work closely with other project WASH staff to ensure effective household and community WASH improvements. The District WASH Officer will ensure that all WASH activities support the achievement of project nutrition and livelihood targets. The position will ensure the quality and documentation of key WASH related interventions and approaches in his/her district. The position will be responsible for ensuring all deliverables related to WASH are delivered in a timely fashion and key lessons learned and best practices captured practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Save the Children WASH Coordinator job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to Public Health. Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
- A minimum of three years of direct experience in integrated WASH programming
- WASH professional with experience in Community Led Total Sanitation, WASH marketing, or community health work
- Proven ability to work in a complex, multi-intervention health development program in collaboration with national health ministries and international partners
- Specific experience in CLTS and WASH marketing highly desired
- Prior experience working in Karamoja sub-region highly desired
- Prior experience working with USAID funded projects highly desired
- Willingness to be based in the Karamoja sub-region, with frequent travel to communities
- Commitment to producing high quality program deliverables on time and under budget
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 15th October 2017