Career Opportunities With UNOPS (Switzerland, Kenya, Myanmar)
04 Feb, 2018
Closing Date: 28-Feb-2018
Reporting to the Training Manager, the Japanese Interpreter will provide translation services between Japanese and English, supporting the training programme that will be undertaken in Nairobi, Kenya. There are possible requirements to travel within East Africa region to provide translation services to support Training Needs Assessment of other regions military engineering units. The Interpreter will provide competent delivery of verbal translation services to the Japanese Instructors and experts.
- Secondary education is required.
- Technical/Professional Diploma in the relevant field is an advantage.
- A Bachelor degree University n the relevant field is an asset.
Closing Date: 20-Feb-2018
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of HR strategies and procedures
- Recruitment processes
- Administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements
- Planning and development
- Staff development and training
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR. University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Closing Date: 16-Feb-2018
Whilst reporting to the Operations and Logistics Manager, the Logistics Assistant will coordinate and provide assistance to the logistics function supporting the TPP project. Specific duties include:
- Coordinate the receiving of Heavy Engineering Equipment (HEE) ensuring contractual compliance including operation manuals, machine condition and operability and access to HPSS
- Liaison and coordination with vendors for HEE servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Coordinate and record fuel delivery and refueling of machines
- Coordinate the collection of HEE by vendors including informing HPSS for access.
- Issuance, receiving and recording of project equipment and consumable items to training teams including tools, training aids, PPE, stationary amongst other items.
- Coordinate transport requirements including trip authorization and maintaining trip logs.
- Report on: machine operability status, hours operated and issues, fuel delivery and consumption, vendor contract delivery and lecture times given and project assets
- Responsible for asset management, consumables reconciliation and inventory control in accordance UNOPS policy
- Identify assets requiring repair and assist procurement in ensuring repairs are completed satisfactorily.
- Assist in preparing purchase lists including draft SOR preparation for procurement processes
- Participate in After Action Reviews
- Secondary education required.
- Technical Diploma in Logistics would be an added advantage.
- Training on Occupational Health and Safety would be advantageous
Closing Date: 15-Februaru-2018
In line with the work programme delivered during the UNEP FI Annual General Meetings and approved by UNEP, and under the direct supervision of the Programme Lead for the Positive Impact initiative, and the overall direction of the Head of UNEP FI, the Consultant will be responsible for carrying out the following project tasks:
- Apply finance sector expertise to support the UNEP FI work-stream on Positive Impact Finance, implementing the Positive Impact Roadmap in close collaboration with the UNEP FI Secretariat and member organizations.
- Coordinate the activities and meetings of the Positive Impact Initiative’s Working groups responsible for the development of guidance notes on the implementation of the Principles for Positive Impact Finance and the delivery of Principles-compliant products and services.
- Conduct related mapping, research and analytical work.
- Organise and manage related consultations (bilateral/group, remote/in-person).
- Pro-actively reach out to and engage banks, investors and key stakeholders, in particular auditing firms, analysts and extra financial raters, accordingly to maximize the relevance and uptake of the Principles.
- Coordinate the production process of guidance notes and other working group outputs as relevant.
- Participate in the roll-out and dissemination of the Principles for Positive Impact Finance and the guidance notes.
- Contribute to the Initiative’s communication efforts overall, namely by representing UNEP FI and the work stream in key financial and investment conferences and forums, and by providing media content.
- Support in the preparation and actively participate in the Positive impact members’ Quarterly Coordination meetings.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts as appropriate to strengthen the work stream and its development.
- Perform other tasks, as necessary.
Master’s Degree in one of the following or related areas: finance, business administration, economics or sustainable development is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in the same area with 2 additional years of relevant experience.
Focus on finance and sustainability issues is advantageous.