Assistant Field Coordinator – Human Resources (Action Against Hunger)
09 Aug, 2017
Website Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO which has been in existence for over thirty years. ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions of Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Assistant Field Coordinator -Human Resources will be charged with the responsibility of finance and human resources management, and ensure respect and proper implementation of staff regulations, rules and procedures at the base level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
HR Regulations and Procedures:
- Ensure implementation and respect of Action Against Hunger staff regulations at the base, make sure they are well understood plus ensuring that all grievances are first discussed with the Field
- Coordinator, the staff’s direct supervisor and after reported to the HR Coordinator Officer.
- Keenly monitor the implementation of the staff regulation, and other HR related policies and procedures and support to the Field based staff and managers on a wide range of polices
Pay roll and administration of benefits at the Field:
- Prepare monthly salary database and share with the Assistant HR Coordinator at Kampala for review and validation through Field Coordinator for validation in conjunction with R coordinator and Finance Coordinator
- Prepare and remit PAYE, NSSF & LST in the specified periods ensuring that all statutory obligations are submitted in time as required by government.
Documentation and Contract Management at the Base:
- The incumbent will keep the database on staff updated: make sure all documents are in the local employees’ individual files and check that all files are complete.
- Follow up of staff contracts: keep a list of end-of-contract dates for the base’s employees, discuss with Program Managers about renewal or not and communicate to HR Coordinator and Assistant HR Coordinator in Kampala
Recruitment and selection of staff:
- Organize the process of recruitment with the Field Coordinator and Program Managers and participate in all interviews at the Field level.
- Download and pre-select all applications received for all positions to be recruitedat field level applications and ensure that criteria as provided in the specifications are considered.
Follow up of Performance management process for all staff at the Base:
- Update and follow up end of probation appraisal for new staff ensuring that performance objectives are set with their managers at the defining of their jobs and proper evaluation is conducted on time.
- Share all performance appraisal documents completed at the Base with HR department Kampala
Management of induction and Orientation of all new staff at the Base: Lead the coordination of induction and orientation of all new and existing staff in conjunction with Field Coordinator and Programme Managers
Training and Development:
- Coordinate all HR and other staff trainings to be done at the field ensuring that all attendance list for all trainings are signed and filed.
- Follow up all training reports ensuring that training reports for Field level staff are shared with HR department in Kampala
- Prepare monthly HR report to be submitted to HR Coordinator every 31st day of the month.
- Identify HR related concerns at the Base and report for action where such issues can’t be resolved at the field.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Action Against Hunger (ACF) Assistant Field Coordinator -Human Resources job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial psychology, Business Administration with a bias in Human Resource Management.
- A minimum of three years of previous experience in an NGO, preferably in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of financial and HR procedures is mandatory
- Excellent management skills (payroll management, stress management and motivation).
- Ability to train and follow up teams.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Autonomous and able to take initiative.
- Ability to set own deadlines and meet them.
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Professional computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, internet, and email.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include ONLY a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Please send your email application to:firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Assistant Field Coordinator -Human Resources” in the subject line.
Deadline: 12th August 2017