Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students (Over 90 Fully Funded Scholarships)
08 Dec, 2017
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
About 95 Scholarships are awarded each year.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge including tuition fees, maintenance allowance, travel costs, etc. It also provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, among others.
For more information about the about the value of this scholarship, follow this link.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom. Note that the application round for United States citizens resident in the US. has passed.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
PhD (three-year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- If you are currently studying at Cambridge and wish to apply for a new postgraduate course you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. For example, if you are currently studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to pursue a PhD Current Gates Cambridge Scholars may also apply for a second scholarship if they are applying for a new degree. All current Cambridge students will be considered in round two. However, if you have already started a course you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the remainder of it.
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- BA (undergraduate)
- BA affiliated (a second BA)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
You can check the eligibility checker to quickly check if you are eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
Submit an application for graduate admission, a College place and funding – including a Gates Cambridge Scholarship – via the University’s Graduate Applicant Portal. The application deadlines vary from 6 December 2017 to 4 January 2018 depending on the course you wish to pursue. See the course directory for course-specific deadlines.
Read the How to Apply section for more information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.gatescambridge.org/