Apply for the Wells Mountain Foundation Empowerment Through Education Scholarships for Developing Country Students (Up to 40 Scholarships a Year)
17 Jan, 2018
The Wells Mountain Foundation, through the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, provides undergraduate scholarships to developing country nationals to study in their home country or a neighboring country.
The Foundation believes in the power and importance of community service; therefore, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of 100 hours a year.
The scholarships will be availed to candidates interested in pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study but applications are encouraged from those interested in pursuing degrees that will best help their local communities including medicine & health sciences, community development, law, education, social work, business, information technology, agriculture and engineering.
ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1400. Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees, books and materials, and room rent.
WMF’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
• Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
• Will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
• Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
• Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
• May have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal (preferred method) or via postal mail to the Foundation’s office. The 2018 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available from 1 December 2017 to 1 April 2018.
Visit the official website to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship by following the link below: