APPLY FOR THE TONY ELUMELU FOUNDATION ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAMME FOR AFRICAN ENTREPRENEURS
02 Jan, 2018
About the Programme
Established in 2010, The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is the leading philanthropy in Africa championing entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs across the continent. The Foundation’s long-term investment in empowering African entrepreneurs is emblematic of Tony Elumelu’s philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions Africa’s private sector, and most importantly entrepreneurs, as the catalyst for the social and economic development of the continent. The Foundation’s flagship initiative, the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, is a 10-year, $100 million commitment to identify, train mentor and fund 10,000 entrepreneurs, capable of changing the face of business across Africa.
The Programme provides critical tools for entrepreneurial success, including:
- Start-up Enterprise Toolkit
- Online Resources
- Elumelu Entrepreneurship Forum
- Seed Capital Funding
- TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Alumni Network
The pillars have been designed to address the essential needs to ensure success for an African entrepreneur.
TEF Founder, serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Tony O. Elumelu, CON said:
- The programme is open to all citizens and legal residents of any one of the 54 African countries. The proposed business must be registered and operate in Africa.
- Applicants must be 18 years old and must not be considered a minor in their country of residence. There is no upper-limit age restriction.
- The programme is not open to research institutions, faith based organisations, value adding trading companies, government contractors and businesses not located in Africa. Businesses must not adversely affect the environment, lives and property. Business ideas must be for profit, and must be the original work of those making the submission.
- All businesses must be business ideas or an early stage company, in the range of 0 to 3 years old.
- Your application must focus on ONE business only. We advise choosing your best, most feasible/innovative business idea. Selected entrepreneurs are not permitted to apply for future cohorts of the programme, even with a different business idea or name.
- Current employees or their family members from the Tony Elumelu Foundation and affiliate companies in the Heirs Holdings Group and UBA Group are not eligible to apply for the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, either individually or as part of a team.
For more information about this opportunity and to apply, visit the official website by following the link below: