Apply for the Facebook Journalism Project Scholarship 2018 (Up to $10,000 in Tuition Funding)
31 Jan, 2018
Applications are now open for the Facebook Journalism Project Scholarship 2018 which offers financial assistance for students who aspire to pursue a career in journalism and media.
AAJA and Facebook has partnered for the commitment to support quality journalism that strengthens and connects communities. Facebook has awarded AAJA $250,000 to provide $50,000 in scholarships across five years.
AAJA will award five scholarships worth $10,000 each for students to use toward their college tuition.
- Applicants must be committed to AAJA’s mission
- Applicants must be currently enrolled juniors, seniors, or graduate students at an accredited university in the United States (proof of enrollment required)
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in digital media/journalism/communications
How to Apply
Candidates can apply via the link to the AAJA website provided below.
Candidates will be judged on the basis of demonstrated journalistic ability and commitment to the field of journalism. The deadline to apply is Sunday, April 8 at 11:59pm PT. Please be sure to gather all the required materials before beginning the application. You will be required to submit the following:
- Proof of current enrollment at your university
- A copy of your most recent transcript
- 3 – 5 work samples
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor or internship supervisor familiar with your work and who can attest to your career commitment
- Personal statement demonstrating your commitment to AAJA’s mission and the field of journalism
For further information, visit the official page of this opportunity by following the link below: