Apply for the 2018 IDEX Accelerator Programme for Aspiring Social Entrepreneurs (Bangalore-India)
25 Jul, 2017
IDEX is a six-month fellowship experience designed for aspiring social entrepreneurs who want to take control of their career path while helping to address society’s most pressing problems.
IDEX thrives on the spirit of community. That’s why our fellowship experience is centered around the ‘cohort’. We value diversity as well as passion. We also believe the unique perspectives and experiences of each fellow leads to greater impact in the field. Over the past seven years of running IDEX, we’ve narrowed in on some key indicators and qualities that let us know if we’re a good fit for you.
- Are willing to embrace ambiguity head on, seek opportunities to learn and share your experiences with others.
- Have the willingness and ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments – this means you don’t complain if wifi goes down or power goes out for a few hours.
- Are seeking a self-directed fellowship experience where you are provided support and coaching but must also rely on your own creativity and grit to make the most out of your experience.
- Thrive in a start-up environment.
- Have had professional successes and failures that you’ve learned from and can apply to new situations.
- Have a passion for social enterprise and improving quality of life for under-served or under-resourced communities.
- Have a strong desire to engage in an intense professional development experience- this means you love to learn through people, experiences and self-reflection.
- Are committed to make an equity investment of time, energy and capital into your own personal growth and professional development.
- Have patience, empathy and a sense of humor- because laughter makes everything better.
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications to be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship:
- Have a Bachelor, Masters or Graduate Degree (in any field) prior to start of program
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment
- Be proficient in English (both written and spoken)
- Can obtain an India Business visa for a minimum of six months
- Have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional work experience
- Have excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal)