Applications Open for 2018 Social Innovation Tournament Program (Up to EUR 50,000 In Prizes)
05 Feb, 2018
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2018 Social Innovation Tournament program to recognize and support the best European social entrepreneurs. It is organized every year in a different country to reward and sponsor European entrepreneurs whose primary purpose is to generate a social, ethical or environmental impact.
Projects are typically related to combating unemployment, marginalization of disadvantaged communities and promoting access to education in a wide range of fields, from education and healthcare to natural or urban environment, through new technologies, new systems, and new processes.
The tournament runs in two rounds. A selection committee, comprised mainly of EIB Group experts in innovation, the environment, and other relevant disciplines, selects 15 finalists. The finalists are invited to a mentoring bootcamp to provide them with the necessary guidance to finalise their proposals. At the final event, all the finalists have to present and defend their project to a jury of social innovation specialists.
- All projects compete for the General Category and Special Category 1st and 2nd Prizes of EUR 50 000 and EUR 20 000 respectively.
- In 2018, the Special Category Prizes will go to projects focusing on sustainable development with special emphasis on circular economy.
- Projects also compete for a residency at IRIS (Incubadora Regional de Inovação Social) and for numerous mentoring vouchers.
- The EIB Institute Tournament responds to the considerable need for greater emphasis on Social Innovation and aims to attract interest from both non-for-profit and for-profit organisations, mainly from young entrepreneurs and social enterprises, corporate responsibility departments of private-sector companies of any size, NGOs and government or local government entities and university communities. Entries from student teams are also welcome.
- The Tournament is open to individuals or teams from (or residing in) the European Union Member States, Candidate and Potential Candidate countries, and EFTA countries that submit proposals to be implemented in one or more such countries.
How to Apply
For more information about this opportunity and to apply, follow the link below: